Remove Crypt.Locker virus: Derived Information
Unable to access your files or programs due to encryption by Crypt.Locker virus? Seeking information regarding this malware and how it can be removed from a windows? If so, then reading this blog post would assist you meeting the best possible ways or methods through which the removal task can be accomplished without any harassing circumstances.
What is Crypt.Locker virus?
Crypt.Locker virus is a new cyber threat detected by most of the reputed antimalware associations according to which this ransowmare has become a new challenge for victimized users. It uses a high end asymmetric algorithms to encrypt the data like documents, pictures, video files, songs, spreadsheets, and many more. Even the system files or preinstalled program’s elements can not be protected against this intrusive malware and becomes inaccessible. As a result, it’s really expected from the system to throw scary error messages on screen demonstrating their files are locked by RSA-2048 technique, and can be decrypted back only by utilizing some provided access key from online hackers who created this pesky program. Since none of the users will intend themselves to install such items on their computers, it’s really essential for the cyber criminals to distribute this malware globally through third party freewares or other possible online means.
Possible Online Media Help to Distribute Crypt.Locker virus
The global network called internet is really a helpful source to provide needed information or services at a user’s computer, but it also helps online hackers to distribute their destructive source codes through several possible media. Some of the commonly known ones are:
- Junk or spam email attachments.
- Downloadable freeware or shareware items.
- Malicious websites or promotional links associated with them.
- Fake advertisements.
- Paid survey links.
- Free online games or porns.
- Peer to peer based file sharing options.
- Free movies or other multimedia files.
- Pirated software or cracks.
- Free update packages for different drivers or software.
So, if you are also addicted or interacting with above mentioned entities while surfing over the web, you are running at high risk of getting your PC infected without any notice. The most recommended way to keep your PC safe is to opt a powerful antimalware solution which is professionally developed to block or delete Crypt.Locker virus in real time. In case if your system is missing or infected, just follow the guidelines here top free up your machine in real time.
Simple Steps to Remove Crypt.Locker virus from PC
Method A: Eliminate Crypt.Locker virus and all its related files using Manaul Removal Trick
Method B: Simple process to Uninstall Crypt.Locker virus using Automatic Removal Method
Manual Removal Instruction to eliminate Infectious Malware
- Remove malware and suspicious program from Control Panel
- Clean the Windows Registry through Registry Editor
- Remove the malicious domain from Homepage and set a new Homepage
- How to Reset Browser for complete malware protection
Use Control Panel to Delete Crypt.Locker virus and other malware threats from PC
From Windows XP/7
- Boot your PC and continuously press “F8” key to open the System is “Safe Mode”. In “Safe Mode”, the size of icons such as OS shortcuts looks bigger than usual.
- Roll the mouse click at the bottom left corner of the desktop and open the “Start” button.
- The “Start Menu” will be displayed on clicking the “Start” button. Select the “Control Panel Option.
- The “Control Panel” Window will be displayed over screen. Select “Uninstall a Program” option in “Program” category.
- The next window is the “Uninstall a Program” feature where all the installed programs in System hard-disk will be displayed. Select all the suspicious programs and click on “uninstall” button. It is recommended to delete all the recently programs and services. Click on “Install On” column to see the date of installed program. Scroll the list of recently downloaded programs and uninstall them.
From Windows 8/10
- Boot the PC in “Safe Mode and Networking”.
- Open “Run” Window and Type “appwiz.cpl” and then press “Enter”.
- “Uninstall or Change a program” window appear on the screen.
- Search the list of installed program files carefully and select Crypt.Locker virus and other suspicious files if present. Press on “Uninstall” button in order to delete them permanently.
Remove Crypt.Locker virus from Windows Registry
Step1. Close all the open program and files in your PC. It is recommended to save all the important data in external hard-drives. Next, press on Windows+R button together.
Step2. The “Run” Window will appear on the screen. Type “regedit” in the given space and click on “OK button.
Step3. Open the “Registry Editor” and interact with it carefully. Check the every hives of registry tree cautiously and remove Crypt.Locker virus entries one by one.
Step4. Press on “OK” option to confirm the removal.
Set a new Homepage in Browser
Know How to set a new homepage in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Visit the top right corner of the browser and click on Menu or More icon option.
- Scroll down the “Appearance” option and check on “Show Home Button”.
- Next step is to click on change hyperlinks option. Set the legitimate search engine such as Google, or Yahoo as homepage.
Set New Homepage in Firefox Mozilla
- Open Firefox Mozilla and click on the Menu option present at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on Option and then proceed to preferences.
- Go to General Panel. On startup box of Homepage, click on restore to default option.
- Close about: preferences page. All the modification made by you will automatically get saved.
Set New Homepage in Internet Explorer
- Launch the Internet Explorer and click on Tool Button.
- Choose Internet Options. Move to Homepage settings in General tab and set the new homepage such as Google.com or msn.com etc. The desired domain will automatically become the default homepage.
- Press on “Apply” Button and click “OK”. ‘
Reset Browser to delete Crypt.Locker virus (Optional)
Reset Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on “Customize and Control Google Chrome” button and go to settings.
- Go to advance settings> click on Reset Browsing settings option.
Reset Firefox Mozilla
- Open the menu option of Firefox Mozilla and choose the “Help icon”.
- From Help Menu, select Restart with Add-ons disabled option.
- Firefox Safe Mode Window will appear on the screen. Press the Reset Firefox option.
- A new confirmation message window will again appear on the screen. Press on Reset Firefox option again.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click on its Tool option.
- Select Advance Option in Internet Options.
- Click on Reset button.
- Finally, confirm the reset option.
Note: As you can see, the above mentioned manual procedure is very lengthy. In order to uninstall Crypt.Locker virus completely, all the above mentioned steps should be executed. Even if a single step mistakenly doesn’t get executed, your PC will still behave weirdly. In order to execute this cumbersome process, you need to have a technical expertise. If you are a novice user, it is better for you to opt for the automatic Crypt.Locker virus removal tool. With the of powerful scanning algorithm and advanced programming logics, any kind of PC malware threats will easily get detected and removed at the same time.
During the execution of executing manual process to delete Crypt.Locker virus, if you get stuck in between at any point of time then stop the manual process immediately. Don’t take any unsure steps because this could damage your System permanently. Rather, use the automatic Crypt.Locker virus removal method which is much more safe, convenient and time saving.
Detailed Automatic Removal Instruction
Download and run the automatic Crypt.Locker virus Remover Scanner. With few minutes, the whole process of installing the software will get completed. It has very rich graphical user interface so that even a novice user can easily use this anti-malware without any trouble.
Steps to be followed
Step1. Launch the tool. Two options will be displayed such as “System Guard” and “Scan Computer”. Select “Scan Computer Now” option for deep scanning of System hard-disk.
Step2. The list of all the suspicious items will be shown in a serial order. You can categorized the suspicious files based on the drives in which they are located.
Step3. The “Custom Scan” interface will be shown on the screen. This is an exclusive feature that allows user to scan a particular section or folder of the System hard-disk. Select the drive that is to be scanned and begin the scanning process.
Step4. Enable the System Guard feature to protect the PC from severe Online threats. This will block all the upcoming threats without any manual involvement.
Step5. Network Sentry is the special feature that secures Internet connectivity and browsing. Enable this feature for safe Online browsing.
Step6. This is an automatic scanning option which allows user to preset the System scanning on a particular time. This is like a schedule scanning feature. Now, your PC will always remain safe from dangerous malware infections.
What this automatic Anti-malware tool is the best System guard?
- Malware Protection: Designed with advance programming logics to tackle and remove the latest rootkit that are used to install Trojan and rogue anti-spyware program.
- 24*7 One-On-One Customer Support: This software contains Helpdesk which provide one to one support for handling any issue faced by the users.
- Updated with latest definition: This software algorithm and programming logics are always updated regularly so that even the most latest PC threats gets detected and removed easily. The malware updates are done on regular basis so that complete protection is offered from latest malware threats. Just download and run the automatic Crypt.Locker virus removal tool and remove Crypt.Locker virus in hassle-free way.